ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The legend of the rafters lost ring
johnnybravo300
post Dec 6 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,659

Winter is long and the digging gets so limited around here that I was thinking of hitting a few of the landings along the Taylor or Gunnison rivers?
We have tons of rafting traffic all summer and I'm sure a few of them might lose some jewelry getting in and out of the rafts? That's when it seems to happen.
I have a cheapy f2 that I got used but I can set it to detect gold (pull tabs) and silver (quarters and dimes?)
Hopefully any actual pull tabs have blown away with the other light trash, but that would at least set me to the right targets. I wouldn't be trying to dig every target while standing in freezing water in my waders. Only the select targets. Gold and silver jewelry of course a few pull tabs hehe.

I was reading about beach hunting along the coasts so it made me think of our "beaches" along the rivers. Has anyone detected areas like this with any luck?
I would be limited to working in the water since the dry ground would be frozen but there could be things just off shore in shallow water.
In cold water fingers and wrists shrink, necklaces can be caught in life vests and paddles by unwary oblivious tourists...I'm just tossing a bone here....what do you think?

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:29 PM