ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Let Your Voice Be Heard, Voice of wisdom
russau
post Jun 22 2009, 05:12 AM
Post #16

russau

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

in referance to randys comment to me, if you look at all the lawsuits that have been started and won for all the states,then you look at just who is really doing the fighting for our rights,i have to agree with Randys attitude on this! it is really frustrating tobe out there fighting,calling,sending faxs,comments,spreading the word to other miners ,all the while some websites say,"no political posts here or youll get banned!"and then you see/hear people say,i didnt hear about that!" or <who is that group?"," can they be trusted or are they just mining the miner?"fact of the matter is, most of us are just to lazy to become involved with saving our rights! most of us just want someone else do it for them!"its not happening in my state, so the heck with them! let them fight their own battels!".......................this is frustrating to think miners will allow a seperation of their rights over this!do people understand that these rules in other states will spread across our country if passed in another state? actually, we all need to look at ourselves and say"what else can i do to help fight for my rights?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokonrandy
post Jun 24 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #17

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 232

QUOTE (russau @ Jun 22 2009, 04:51 AM) *
Randy i really dont understand where your coming from with your answer.i belong to several clubs/organizations((PLP,resources coalition,and others)i have been making cash donations to these and other grouops.i have been spreading this and a lot of other info out to the websites for all to read. i have sent my comments in, i have called different states, and i have contacted tv stations/newspapers of this and other info pertaining to mining,potential new laws and such. do ing this is almost a full time job!as i see it, most people in small scale mining dont want tobe bothered by this political stuff, and they dont even lift a finger to do anything........so why am i the problem? what is it that i said or do that you say that im the problem and i need to turn my brain on?? you may be correct! i might! but id like you to expalin it to me so i will know also!and im not trying to start anything! id just like an explaination.

Russ this was not ment directly at you, I really felt bad for doing it and I am very sorry that this web sight does not have delate button. This does not change any thing. The winds of change are upon us. I donot want to see dredging go away any more than you, but I am realistic, a direct lack of communicating with the public on this issue will create a environment that would not be conductive to anyone but the people who wanted it gone. Will the people off Ca be happy about the way it was handled? I do not think so. Resistance would be cheaper than what is happening now. I do think about the future of America, The internet breed a generation of cannts and wounts, Why do you think no one carres, over load of info and constant attack by hackers makes the internet not a good tool for getting the word out, One news paper articale with follow up that would get the info out to maby 1.5 million of the 38 mill that live in Cal. Any scammer with any ability can see 1.5 mill suckers waiting to be plucked. The after effect will be bad. Look what a bad eggo trip has done. A add agency would have been good, nothing I can say will change it, We will see if CP has the chat transcripts from the 3 week period that Thornberry got scamed out of a sizable amout of money on the web sight. And the Geology office in Mirlin Oregon is closing and all the stuff I loaned them for show I had to go and get back. This is not good. I will be good to see if any one reads this, and the issue useing the internet as a primary tool will have to be got out to the masses and we will let them determine if they agree with it. nothing I can say will change any thing. R

+Quote Post
russau
post Jun 25 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #18

russau

well in point i have to also agree with you. ibut i think the internet is a valuable tool to get the message out to those that actually do care and are willing todo something about it! but this is only the start of it. we do need to get the message/stories out to the news papers/tv stations/and the public so that the word does get out to all that are willing to read it and hopefully do something about it!but i think most people are to lazy or just dont care or believe what these wacoenviromentalits are saying with the lies they bring up and the big buck tv adds the envirmental groups have access to! they would spend $1 million dollars to keep us from dredgeing $1.00 in gold.yep the internet isnt the only way to get the message out, but its a start!and Randy i didnt take any offense to your initial comment, but i was just curious asto where it came from.

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 25 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #19

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Sorry Randy but we don't have those transcripts on hand any longer. I do remember some of those discussions in chat though and I would like to make it clear that Mr. Thornberry was not scammed by this website......it was a different site/company not related to us in anyway.

All posters can edit their own posts for a 24 hour period after posting but we don't allow deletions.

Can't be said enough..........folks have to read up to understand what is being refered to here and what this thread was started about "let your voice be heard" is at the crux.
There are reasons to read up.....even though it's not what you want to do. First learning about how to interact as a citizen to be a part of the law/rule making or not. Then how to address specific issues.

quoting from the first post of this thread
Through awareness, we can gain strength, and our voice will be louder. It is easy for an agency to ignore or misplace a single letter, or to mislead an uneducated person. But if we all write letters, they will not be ignored. If we help each other out, we will not be so naive and confused. Instead of having our questions and concerns trivialized by agency officials, we will begin to see our needs and goals being acknowledged and taken seriously.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
rokonrandy
post Jun 29 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #20

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 232

QUOTE (russau @ Jun 22 2009, 04:51 AM) *
Randy i really dont understand where your coming from with your answer.i belong to several clubs/organizations((PLP,resources coalition,and others)i have been making cash donations to these and other grouops.i have been spreading this and a lot of other info out to the websites for all to read. i have sent my comments in, i have called different states, and i have contacted tv stations/newspapers of this and other info pertaining to mining,potential new laws and such. do ing this is almost a full time job!as i see it, most people in small scale mining dont want tobe bothered by this political stuff, and they dont even lift a finger to do anything........so why am i the problem? what is it that i said or do that you say that im the problem and i need to turn my brain on?? you may be correct! i might! but id like you to expalin it to me so i will know also!and im not trying to start anything! id just like an explaination.

709 lookers, not bad, so far. The internet, what a deal. It is like any other business. Allways looking for new customers, Why would anyone limit there ability to communicate with the public on issues that effect every one. One other thing, I have not dredged for years and the frustration I feel does not have any thing to do with dredging. How many law suits are there. Do the new members know that they could be held accountable for any thing that has happened before they become members? My frustration comes from seeing things take place that I consider less then good politics, this all about politics. What about all the people who will not get to do the dredging thing? Lucky them. People this is mining, I has been historically been a place for the scammer. R How many of you people think the internet is a good primary tool to reach the 38 million people in California vurus the news paper TV radio and other printed work? 715 lookers. shotting for 1000 lookers

+Quote Post
russau
post Jun 30 2009, 05:21 AM
Post #21

russau

well i think the internet is a good starting place to get the news/facts out to those that will contact tv/news papers and such. but the internet isnt enough exposour to the public and thats where we need to be aiming our info to, in any form that we can get so they have access to this info.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 10 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #22

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Just a little bump so all can read what Anita wrote.

Where a single voice may be reduced to a whisper in the wind, the voice of the many carries a clear message that can be heard above the roar of the tempest. It is time for us to take an active role in the development of our future in mining and mineral industries. It is time for our voices to be heard.

Independent miners are an endangered species! If we do not stand together now, we will fade away and our prudent mining claims will eventually become government operated fee-digging areas open to the general public.
Mining, agriculture and timbering built this nation. These industries are now being regulated right out of existence by various public land management agencies and private organizations focused on preserving wilderness areas.

When these agencies were created, it was their primary objective to protect the environment from degradation and pollution caused by industrial activity. We can all agree that there must be some regulatory provision to accomplish this goal, and that the wise management of natural resources is in the best interest of the entire public.

But whom do we call on for help when these agencies fail in their obligation to assist us in this responsibility? What can we do if an agency decides to prevent or prohibit our activities for arbitrary and capricious reasons when we know that we have the right to conduct our operations lawfully? What if an agency does not adhere to the regulations it has prescribed for the rest of us to follow? Who will help us?

If we stand alone, no one may ever even hear our cry for help. But if we stand together, we will not be ignored. It is the responsibility of our government to help us, but we must be loud enough to be heard. First, we must call on each other. We must make the time to become involved with those around us who also treasure their right to mine valid claims. We must share our experiences and our knowledge. We must voice our opinions and support each other on important issues that will set a precedent for everyone.

Through awareness, we can gain strength, and our voice will be louder. It is easy for an agency to ignore or misplace a single letter, or to mislead an uneducated person. But if we all write letters, they will not be ignored. If we help each other out, we will not be so naive and confused. Instead of having our questions and concerns trivialized by agency officials, we will begin to see our needs and goals being acknowledged and taken seriously.

It is not our goal to change the law. It is our goal to make sure that the agencies that administer regulatory authority follow their own directives and procedures and treat us fairly and in a manner that is consistent with the objectives of the Mining Laws and land management responsibilities. Together, we can achieve this goal.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:14 PM