ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ISS live cam
Skygazer
post Apr 24 2016, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 118,130

Hello,

Thought I would share a link to something that you'll find cool. (literally). A link to a live stream cam on the ISS on USTREAM.

ISS live cam

I find it very interesting to know that your looking out into a place with a camera where there is ABSOLULY nothing but emptiness. Where nothing can live and nothing can be heard but the eerie silence of space. With a view of a place below it where it is EXACLY the opposite. A place where life can flourish and live, seeing all of that at the same time......very cool.

--------------------
Proud CP lifetime club member,
And avid Gamer!

Rock Headed Nerd I Am.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denise
post Apr 25 2016, 07:14 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

That is a very cool link Tim! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Easy to loose yourself in a day dream looking at that cam. giggle.gif

Don't you just love this big beautiful blue ball we live on?!

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Silky
post Apr 25 2016, 11:24 AM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 122,503

Did you catch Saturday night's Codes and Conspiracies? The topic was Eric Von Daniken's book Chariots of the Gods. Parts of it they were trying their best to debunk, but their explanations of what this or that could alternatively be fell short. For example, when Eric was discussing Lord Pacal's "rocket", they said, "I don't know about you but if aliens came to Earth with all their advanced technology, then why is there fire and smoke coming out of the rocket? Seems a bit "old school" for space travel. They had a point. Then about who built the pyramids-- Eric never said that aliens built the pyramids, he said that they used alien technology- big difference. It was quite interesting and like when I read Eric's book, I had to sit here and go, "Hmm".

+Quote Post
Silky
post Apr 25 2016, 11:26 AM
Post #4

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 122,503

QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Apr 25 2016, 08:14 AM) *
That is a very cool link Tim! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Easy to loose yourself in a day dream looking at that cam. giggle.gif

Don't you just love this big beautiful blue ball we live on?!

biggrin.gif
It's especially soothing to watch and listen to a subliminal tape at the same time. I'm listening to "Perfect Health and Healing" now.

+Quote Post
EMac
post Jun 16 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

QUOTE (Skygazer @ Apr 24 2016, 03:01 PM) *
I find it very interesting to know that your looking out into a place with a camera where there is ABSOLULY nothing but emptiness. Where nothing can live and nothing can be heard but the eerie silence of space. With a view of a place below it where it is EXACLY the opposite. A place where life can flourish and live, seeing all of that at the same time......very cool.

I agree wholeheartedly that this is cool, but I'm not convinced nothing can live out there. Cornell thinks it'll be 1500 years before we ET calls us back. The logic they use seems fairly sound.

I suspect there's life in the universe besides us. Whether our timelines overlap is a good question, but given the scale of the universe, I think there's quite a bit out there. Intelligent life may be much more rare though. Of all the organisms on our planet, how many have the means to send signals out into space? We've only been able to do that for about 80 years of the human existence...

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
Skygazer
post Jun 25 2016, 12:57 PM
Post #6

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 118,130

I suppose you are right. the scale of the universe is somewhat incomprehensible to the human race. I didn't quit mean that nothing could live OUT THERE. I just meant in outer-space itself, the possibility that there is life on another earth-like planet is quit high. as you said though. intelligent life might be a little more rare. but I believe wholeheartedly that's we are not alone. its not a question of IF we find someone or something else.......it's just a question of WHEN.

--------------------
Proud CP lifetime club member,
And avid Gamer!

Rock Headed Nerd I Am.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:07 PM