ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Advice, building my first dredge
johnnybravo300
post Jul 30 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #16

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
From: North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
Member No.: 120,659

I figured you'd strap logs underneath the ladders but pontoons will work too hehe. Looks good!
I've had the sun burned eyes a few times from welding and it sucks. The auto dimming shields get me everytime. By the time I get it adjusted it's too late!
Happy bday and the build looks heavy duty.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jimmyrig
post Jul 30 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #17

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 132,619

I've decided to switch gears a little bit and use more of the pontoon frame just for sake of time. I may finish the custom frame down the road but this works for now. I'm also going to build a bigger sluice. The A52 just looks like a dwarf compared to the rest of the dredge. There is some debate that a longer skinnier sluice gets better collection that the fat dredge sluices. I may buy another A52 and put them together like this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ec1oO2SRM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748

+Quote Post
jimmyrig
post Aug 7 2017, 11:45 AM
Post #18

Diggin' In!

Got all my hoses and a crash box setup for the A52 with an extension section. Just about ready for a test. My issue now is the pump has two 3" female inlet and outlet ports and I need a 3" hose adapter for the inlet side and a 3" to 2" adapter for the outlet side. I went to an irrigation store and told the guy I needed 3" couplings and he looked at me like I was nuts for asking for something that big. Anyone know where I can get these? I also need a 3" foot valve and doesn't look like keene stocks these standard.

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748

+Quote Post
jimmyrig
post Aug 10 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #19

Diggin' In!

Everything is pretty much ready. I just need to finish the mounts for the sluice on the frame. My wife got me a nice scuba wet suit for my birthday and I got gloves, a hood, and boots. I doubt I'll be using all that but I do want to do some deep water dredging next spring in the platte and some water falls I know. I will still need to get the compressor and hookah for that. We are getting our house appraised in a couple weeks so everything is on hold. I'm hoping to have some test cleanouts posted before fall.

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748

+Quote Post
jimmyrig
post Aug 18 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #20

Diggin' In!

Crash box done
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 08:05 AM