ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

"Roadless Area"
JMDOBB985
post Mar 7 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 127,806

Newbie here....

Just had a couple questions regarding a "roadless" area in Pike Nat'l forest that I am looking to open a claim in. My 1st question is regarding whether these area's are open to mining claims? I was also wondering if I have to get approval from the
FS to access this area via a "closed" FS road on my ATV to carry my equipment? No gate on this road, just shows closed on a forest map online which used to be listed as "4wd" until the area went raodless***

Thanks in advance for your advise,

Jim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
traddoerr
post Mar 8 2017, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,932

Hello All,

This is an area I'm very familiar with. Not all road-less areas are wilderness, in fact most/all are not wilderness at all, this is a management plan that came about in the 90's to close and reclaim roads that the USFS doesn't maintain or wasn't originally designated as USFS access roads, such as old logging, mining, fire break roads, or roads that were made from other uses outside of USFS purposes. This management plan came against a great deal of resistance back then, but under the administration of 'Slick Willy' Clinton, they approved it under another agenda and bill. You can go to the USFS site and look up the details of this management plan. In no way dos it keep you from mineral exploration, unless the area is withdrawn. Good example to see what the end result of this reclamation of the roads will look like hike around Winter Park, most are made that even the animals will have a hard time traversing the old roads. Again, go to the USFS site to get the details for yourself, the internet is never 100% fact information.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:27 PM